Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chicken Brunswick Stew

I'm BACK!!!!

It has been entirely too long since I have put recipes up consistently...but there is a reason...a very good one...a very tiny one who is growing inside of me as we speak! Yes, we are having another Little in about 6 months! And the first trimester has not been my friend! But thankfully I am coming out of it...food tastes good again...and that means I'm back in the kitchen!!!

Needless to say, I have no idea where this blog is going in the next few months. Wherever the cravings take me, I suppose. And tonight it is...Brunswick stew!

Start with a lot of cooked, shredded chicken. You could boil a whole chicken, or as I did, several split chicken breasts (which go on sale every few weeks down to 98 cents per pound...maybe even lower in other places!) However you go about it, cook and finely shred your chicken, and in a large pot add to the chicken...

1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can creamed corn
1 cup frozen baby lima beans
1 cup frozen green peas
1 cup bbq sauce
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon hot sauce
Salt, pepper, and celery salt to taste

Add enough chicken broth (you can use the water that the chicken cooked in as well) to make the stew as thick or thin as you want it. I probably added a little less than 2 cups. Simmer for at least 30 minutes, or as long as you want (Just don't forget to stir every once in a while!)

So good. It was Little's first Brunswick stew experience, and she ate two bowls.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great Jana! I'm going to give it a try this week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete