Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cubed Venison Stew

I do realize that my posts on this blog have been inconsistent at best, and pictures even more so. Don't hate. I'm 9 months pregnant. Here is a recipe for venison...which is abundant in my freezer, thanks to my gracious in-laws. And their guns.

Roughly chop one sweet onion and 5-6 carrots; saute in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Cut a pack of cubed venison into chunks and add to the pot. After about 3-4 minutes, add a couple Tablespoons of flour, cook it out for a minute, and then add 1 box of chicken broth, stirring constantly. Add to the pot 1 can of diced tomatoes, 2 medium baking potatoes (cubed), 1 bag of frozen peas, salt, pepper, and a bay leaf. Bring to a boil; then cover and simmer for a couple of hours. I'm sure you could do less, but I like to cook early in the afternoon and then let it hang out on the stove till suppertime.

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow when we eat leftovers, but if I don't...maybe I'll be in labor. In the meantime, serve with cornbread and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment