Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs

Confession: I did not measure anything in this meal. It was literally a run-around-the-kitchen-and-throw-a-bunch-of-stuff-in-bowls-and-pots-and-pans meal. So, I'll just give you the ingredients and let you play around with the amount.

1. The meatballs

Start with a pound of lean ground chicken. Put the meat in a bowl and add a generous amount of soy sauce (maybe 1/2 cup???) and a dash or 2 of Worcestershire sauce. Then add some ground ginger (1/2 Tablespoon?) and a little bit of red pepper flakes. Pour in some breadcrumbs until the mixture is nice and not so sticky that it sticks to your fingers. Make16 meatballs, put on a baking sheet, and put in a 400 degree oven for oh, 15 minutes or so.

2. The veggies

Thinly slice 1 red bell pepper, 1 yellow squash, and 2 zucchini. Saute in olive oil until tender. DONE.

3. The noodles

Cook in boiling, salted water until tender. DONE.

4. The sauce

In a small saucepan, heat 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/8 cup sugar, and some ground ginger. Whisk 1/2 Tablespoon of corn starch into 2 Tablespoons of water, and add to the sauce. Heat until thickened (about 3 minutes). DONE.

To serve: noodles on the bottom, veggies next, drizzle of the sauce, and meatballs on top.

DONE.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Jana, I am loving your recipes!! It is so good to see how well you're doing! I had a visit from another one of the girls who was in our Bible study/disciple group what...7 years ago? Amber (remember her?) called me to see if I had any kind of study going on. Her call prompted me to start one on Monday nights, and we met this week. It was good to see Amber again. Wish I could see you! If you have my personal email, let me hear from you!

    ReplyDelete