Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jambalaya

Start by browning some diced chicken and sliced sausage in a pot. I used 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and 1/2 turkey kielbasa. Before cooking the meat, season with your favorite cajun or creole seasonings. I used Tony Chachere's seasoning (in the green shaker).


Once the meat is cooked through, remove and set aside. In the same pot, cook 1/2 onion, 2 ribs celery, and 1 red bell pepper, all finely diced.


After about 7-9 minutes, add 1 can diced tomatoes, 2 cups chicken broth, a Tablespoon each of Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce, a teaspoon of dried bay leaf, and 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking brown rice. I probably also added a little of my Tony Chachere's seasoning here as well. I don't really remember. I knew I should have done this post the night I cooked it.


Bring to a boil and then put a lid on and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add meat back in and simmer for 10 more minutes.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment