Friday, February 25, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki

Once again, this idea came from Rachael Ray, with a few adjustments. Sometimes I sign my checks "Rachael Ray" and then tear them up. Not really. Not really at all.

Dump the following ingredients into the crock pot...

2 cups brown rice (I used brown basmati rice and it was great!)
1 onion, sliced
3 carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 red or orange bell pepper, sliced
1 cup Teriyaki sauce
2 cups chicken broth
3 cups water
1/4 cup honey
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
About an inch and a half of ginger root, grated

If using raw chicken pieces, go ahead and add it now. I used previously cooked and shredded chicken breast, so I added it much later, just an hour or two before serving. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Check on the liquid levels as time gets closer to 6-8 hours; you may need to add a little more water to keep the rice from drying out, depending on how long you plan to cook it.

Apparently I did not take a picture of this one! I'm so sorry!

But...enjoy anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment