Monday, January 24, 2011

Asian Style Cubed Steak

We had some cubed venison in the freezer, and here is the problem...I don't love cubed venison. I love love love deer burger and deer sausage, but other than that I'm not a huge fan of deer meat. I've just found one way to cook cubed deer and I didn't really want it again tonight. So I found a recipe from Rachael Ray's website and adapted it a teeny bit to fit my ingredients and style.

Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in large skillet. Sprinkle flour onto cubed steak. Place in skillet and brown on both sides. Cut into strips or pieces and put in crockpot.

Chop an onion, a red bell pepper, and an orange bell pepper into strips; put on top of steak in crockpot.

Grate several cloves of garlic and a two-inch piece of peeled ginger root over the pot.

Pour one cup of tomato sauce, 3/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce, 4 Tablespoons brown sugar, and black pepper over everything. Cover and turn on low for 6-8 hours.

A little less than an hour before serving, prepare rice and let it cook according to package directions.

Serve steak and veggies over rice, with steamed or roasted broccoli on the side.

I have to admit, it was really good. The steak was so tender it pretty much fell apart in my mouth.


The end. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are making up for my slacking! I had such good intentions, but I never had my camera near to take pictures of what I'd made. I'll just refer people to your blog now!! :)

    ReplyDelete