Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vegetable Super Soup

Why so super?
1. It's super easy.
2. It's the only thing I want when I'm sick. Which I am today. So I ate vegetable soup.

Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Finely chop 1 onion and drop it in to saute while you chop the other veggies...
4 carrots
2-3 zucchini
1 red bell pepper
4 cloves garlic

Drop all the veggies in as you chop them. Add to the pot...
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 32oz box chicken broth
Salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste

Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Let it simmer for an hour or two. Fifteen minutes before serving, drop about 3/4 cup of orzo (little rice-shaped pasta) into the pot. You may need to add a little water at this point. I found whole wheat orzo at Food Lion, but I've never seen it anywhere else. That sentence may have been out of order. Oh well.

Soup is so good.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment