Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hello World

Hello world.

I have decided that it is time to venture out...

and write about food.

I have been married for going on five years. In my younger and carefree days, I knew how to make, oh, probably 4 and a half meals. Then I married the Coach, who is very reluctant to spend ten to fifteen dollars on a plate of fettuccine Alfredo. So, it was either learn new things to cook or spend the rest of our lives eating spaghetti and quiche.

Then came the kicker. Before I got married, I tolerated a total of one vegetable (green beans) and zero fruits. My entire diet mostly consisted of macaroni and cheese. My personal trainer husband (who is extremely patient) started hinting around that macaroni and cheese is not actually its own food group (gasp). So, with much prayer and perseverance, and with many scrunched noses (which is an involuntary reflex, I really can't help it), over the course of the past four and a half years, my repertoire of fruits and vegetables has grown to too many to count. It truly is a miracle.

And so, I cook nearly every night for my family. We try to eat healthy and cheap (please excuse the grammar). We really do believe that we can honor the Lord by eating things that are good for our bodies and also by being good stewards of the money that He chooses to give us. So I thought I might try to start keeping up with our meals on this blog. Will I post every meal that I cook? Probably not. Some weeks, I'm sure, I will be more consistent than others. But I do love to cook, and I really love to eat, and I would love to share those two passions with anyone who cares to know!

So...bon appetit!1

1 comment:

  1. Yay Jana! Can't wait to see your fabulous ideas! I am always looking to try new things!

    ReplyDelete